1 D, 2 SDs
1 sofa bed
Hikari House is a recently renovated traditional Kyoto house located in a peaceful setting just to the west of the Kyoto Imperial Palace. It has two bedrooms on the second floor, one fitted with a Western style double bed and the other with two semi double beds. Downstairs is a cosy kitchen and dining room with wooden flooring and a separate entertainment room.
The entertainment room features a 55-inch TV with complimentary Netflix giving access to English movies and TV series, plus a spare sofa bed for added flexibility. The modern bath/shower room is newly renovated and has separated toilet facilities. The house also features a small Japanese Zen garden which is visible from the lounge room, creating a calming atmosphere. Just a 900m walk to the Subway with good bus access, plus convenience store/supermarket nearby.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking (due to wooden construction)
- May not be safe or suitable for small children
- Maximum one child under 12, no children under 4 (contact us for exceptions)
- Check-in after 4pm and before 9pm (request from neighbors)
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
Hikari House 528 Kodo Nishimachi, Kamigyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-fu 602-0959
- 5.1km to Kyoto JR Station (1700 yen by taxi)
- 900m to Imadegawa Subway Station (5 stops from JR Kyoto Station) and 2 stops (Karasumaoike) to the centre of Kyoto
- Nearest bus stop: 3 mins walk
- 5 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 3 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
This place is a gem. Beautiful traditional house. I’m so happy that we chose to stay here. We got the Japanese traditional house experience without compromising comfort or cleanliness. The place is well equipped with everything you need to make your stay pleasant. I would stay here again.
ESue Ellen, Tarek & Ethan
Shiki's place was great! The location is in a quiet neighborhood just 2-3 subway stops or a 20-30 minute walk from the downtown areas where most restaurants and shops are. There are also several great local coffee shops, restaurants and bars right nearby. The apartment is on a cute quiet street, no traffic, pretty much just locals on their bicycles. The apartment has two bedrooms and a full living room and dining room, very spacious, clean and nice Japanese style. Very well equipped and everything is laid out for easy living. Nice bathroom, bed, all very nice! Something that we appreciated quite a lot is their comprehensive neighborhood and Kyoto guide, which includes tons of recommendations on restaurants, bars, and sights, and also their personal service for making restaurant reservations. Super super helpful. Great place, we would stay here again if visiting Kyoto!