Kame is a luminous 35m² newly renovated house located in a peaceful residential neighborhood just 5 minutes walk north of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Nijo Castle.
It features one separate bedroom on the second floor with 3 single beds. Downstairs is a living/dining/kitchen room with a very traditional dining table. The living area has a direct view of a Japanese garden. Convenient and bright, the house keeps several traditional touches from old traditional Kyoto houses.
Complimentary Netflix gives the option of English movies and TV shows, to get you and the family through any rainy days.
The bath/shower room is newly renovated and the toilet facilities are separated from this area.
The house has complimentary wireless internet and additional mobile pocket wifi, for maximum guest convenience.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- Due to the wooden construction, no smoking is allowed on the premises
- Check-in after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
676-14 Chūshochō Kamigyō-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 602-8126
- 5 km to Kyoto JR Station (about 13 minutes - 1300 yen by taxi)
- 15 minute walk to Nijojo Mae subway station
- 20 minute walk to Nijo JR train station
- 15 minute walk to Marutamachi Subway Station (4 stops from JR Kyoto Station) and 1 stop (Karasumaoike) to the centre of Kyoto
- Nearest bus stop: 5 mins walk
- 10 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 3 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
The second I walked through the door off the street and looked down the wooden path I knew I made a great decision. The smell of pine hits you and puts a smile on your face. The space is very cool with modern Japanese style design. A surprisingly larger space than most. Awesome little garden. The neighbours in the little art gallery were so friendly too. One problem, it’s so good, you often miss out on the treasures of Kyoto because you spend time just hanging in the house with your feet dangling under the warm table. I wish I could have stayed longer. All the hosts were great. Gave tips on what to see and where to go. Close to Nijo Castle. Great stay.
This was an amazing apartment in an excellent location in Kyoto. We had everything we needed and then some, including a nescafe machine, netflix and a lovely garden to enjoy a tea or beer in after a day of walking around. The apartment was easy to find and very clean, the beds were comfortable and it was just all round a great stay. We took up the hosts recommendation to hire bicycles, which was also a great experience and excellent way to see more of Kyoto. The hosts were very responsive and were checking in regularly to see of everything was okay, and they even let us drop our bags off early which made things a lot easier! I would highly recommend this apartment to any traveller wanting a true Kyoto experience.