1 sofa bed
Tsuru House is an elegant 65m² newly renovated house located in a peaceful residential neighborhood just 5 minutes walk north of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Nijo Castle.
It features one separate modern bedroom with 2 double beds and TV, and another bedroom on the second floor with 2 semi double beds. The living/dining/kitchen room is equipped with all you need to enjoy dining with your friends or family. Convenient and bright, the house keeps several traditional touches from old traditional Kyoto houses.
Complimentary Netflix gives the option of English movies and TV shows, to get you and the family through any rainy days.
The bath/shower room is newly renovated and the toilet facilities are separated from this area.
The house has complimentary wireless internet and additional mobile pocket wifi, for maximum guest convenience.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- Due to the wooden construction, no smoking is allowed on the premises
- Check-in after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
676-13 Chūshochō Kamigyō-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 602-8126
- 5 km to Kyoto JR Station (about 13 minutes - 1300 yen by taxi)
- 15 minute walk to Nijojo Mae subway station
- 20 minute walk to Nijo JR train station
- 15 minute walk to Marutamachi Subway Station (4 stops from JR Kyoto Station) and 1 stop (Karasumaoike) to the centre of Kyoto
- Nearest bus stop: 5 mins walk
- 10 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 3 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
The design of this house is super nice!! The deco of it is perfect and all the equipment is great!!! We loved our stay!! I highly recommend this apartment, if i come back to Kyoto I’ll definitely try to book again this apartment!
Such a nice place and it definitely has a local vibe. It is by far the best Airbnb I have been in. 100% recommended!